Yesterday, I made this cute favor for today’s family Easter party: Jolly Rancher lollies. Very cute, and so easy!
Materials You’ll Need:
- Jolly Ranchers
- Candy Sticks
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Cellophane Bags
- Ribbon or Twist Ties (to fasten bag)
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Line up Jolly Ranchers in your desired color/flavor combinations on parchment paper. Use two candies for regular-sized lollies, three for big ones.
- Heat at 200 degrees for five minutes, or until Jolly Ranchers have only slightly melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately insert sticks by lying them on top of melted candy, and twisting until stick is covered. The candy hardens quickly, so you have to be fast.
- Allow candy to harden on its own (only takes a few minutes), or place in freezer to speed up the process.
- Put lolly in cellophane bag, and fasten with ribbon or twist tie. Be sure the lollies are completely dry/hardened so that they don’t stick to the bags.
For anyone who is as naturally not-crafty as I am, I will share with you a lesson I learned today:
Parchment paper is not the same as wax paper. Yes, I seriously was unaware of this, despite the fact that they have two completely different names. So I used wax paper, and encountered a (very minor) problem. It stuck to most of the lollies, but only a little bit.
Fortunately, I was able to scrape the bits of paper off easily, and no one will ever notice.
So there you have it. A tasty treat in under 10 minutes!