I am quite the shopper so I’m always looking for ways to stretch my dollar. I’m also a fan of FREEBIES, getting something for nothing, if you will.
This is exactly why Shopkick is one of my most favorite smartphone apps. It rewards you for doing things you already do. They give you points, called “kicks,” for visiting places you probably normally go – the grocery store, the mall, your local gas station or convenience store, restaurants, salons, and more.
You can earn kicks in four different ways:
- Walk in.
- Often, you just have to walk in to a business in order to collect your points. How easy is that?!
- Scan barcodes.
- Sometimes, they offer extra incentives like extra bonus points/kicks for scanning a couple barcodes on specific products with your phone. Note: you do NOT have to buy these products or purchase anything at all.
- Link your Visa card.
- If you know you are going to make a purchase, you may want to consider linking your Visa card to your app. (They guarantee security, and keep no record of your account number!!) That way, when you buy something already on your shopping list, your purchase will automatically generate additional kicks in your Shopkick account. Doing this also generates occasional exclusive discounts at the stores you frequent.
- Invite your friends and family to use Shopkick.
- When they do, they will receive 50 kicks for using your unique download link, and you will receive 50 kicks for your accepted invitation.
That’s it. You collect your points, and then redeem them for cool stuff.
Some of the swag you can get with your “kicks”:
- Princess Cruise Trip
- Sony Bravia TV
- XBox 360
- Coach Hand Bag
- Ray Ban Aviators
- Movie Tickets
- Gas Cards
- Gift Cards
- Best Buy
- American Eagle
- Old Navy
- Sports Authority
- Arden B
- Wet Seal
- Toys R Us
- Facebook Credits
- You can even donate your kicks to charity!
Here’s what to do to get started:
- Click HERE to download your FREE app. Using this link will start you off with 50 kicks right away!
- Each time you leave the house, press the “Nearby” tab. Check to see if the places you are planning to go are on the list. If so, check out all the ways you can earn kicks while you’re there.
- Start earning!
- Get free stuff!
See? Something for nothing. Rewards for walking into stores, scanning items, buying your groceries, ordering your meals, getting your hair cut, and lots of other stuff.
Needless to say, Shopkick is one of the coolest smartphone apps out there.