On Ash Wednesday, I outlined my goals for Lent. Here’s how I fared on Day 17……
Counting My Blessings – Five Things for Which I Am Thankful (listed in no particular order):
- Nurturing, passionate teachers.
- Human and civil rights initiatives. Justice.
- God’s grace. I’ve been a damsel in distress countless times (too frequently by my own doing).
- Bright Colors.
Fasting Research of the Day: 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, Chapter/Month 7: Stress
I started it. Read a few pages. I can already tell this is going to be the hardest chapter/month for me to digest. I’ve been really struggling with praying for the past couple years. So this is probably the chapter I most need to read. We’ll see…
Nonprofit/Charity of the Day: Searched a few big name nonprofits with which I’m slightly familiar, but wasn’t motivated to read past their home pages. Came across this site, and bookmarked it. It should help me tremendously over the next 23 days.
Swear Jar Contribution: $1.25 Rough day.
Stockpile Item to Donate:
- Cascade Complete Dishwasher Detergent 3-pk.
- Dawn Dish Soap, New Zealand Springs Scent
- Ajax Triple Action Dish Soap, Orange Scent
If anyone else is doing something special for Lent and could use some encouragement, please feel free to leave a comment about it!
Other Posts in This Series:
- My 40 Day Challenge: Lent
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 1
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 1, Part 2
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 2
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 3
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 4
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 5
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 6
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 7
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 8
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 9
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Days 10-16