On Ash Wednesday, I outlined my goals for Lent. Here’s how I fared on Day 5……
Five Things for Which I Am Thankful (listed in no particular order):
- Safedose Pharmacy. My last place of employment in Indianapolis. Within a period of about 30 hours, I learned of the job opening, interviewed, was hired, and started working. The timing couldn’t have been any better because we were just days away from having to pay our inflated, overdue rent payment. It was supposed to be a temporary position, but my fabulous boss (I seriously love her!) fought for me to stay permanently. Not only did the job save my behind, it turned out to be my most favorite work environment to date. I really miss the people there!!
- Free radio. I love singing at the top of my lungs in the car, or dancing around the house while doing some heavy-duty cleaning (not that I’ve done that in months). Music of
allmost kinds can be emotionally and even spiritually moving. I think it’s fantastic that it’s available free to the public via traditional radio.
- Michigan City. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m proud to call Michigan City “home.” In high school, I thought I wanted to get as far away from this place as possible, and “never come back.” But after my nephew was born in 2008, I found myself yearning to be closer to home. Now that I have my own son, and have returned in order to bring him closer to his family, I’m excited to show him all of the places that stir up feelings of comfort and nostalgia.
- Having taken swim lessons as a child. I’m from a beach town on Lake Michigan. That’s the place to be, the thing to do during the summer. I’m flabbergasted when I meet people who can’t swim. I’m happy that my decent swimming skills mean I don’t have to miss out on one of life’s major pleasures!
- Being Polish. I’m not big on pierogies or Polish sausage, but I can’t imagine what life would be like without my Busia (means “grandma” in Polish), or without having grown up thinking that my behind was actually called a “dupa.”
Fasting Research of the Day: Um… Oops. No research again today. I’m so not impressed with myself for taking the very first weekend in Lent off from working on this stuff!
Nonprofit/Charity of the Day: Don’t judge me!
Swear Jar Contribution: $0.75
Stockpile Item to Donate: Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
If anyone else is doing something special for Lent and could use some encouragement, please feel free to leave a comment about it!
Other Posts in This Series: