On Ash Wednesday, I outlined my goals for Lent. Here’s how I fared on Day 4……
Five Things for Which I Am Thankful (listed in no particular order):
- My car. When I totaled the car I bought myself, I had no money to pay for another. Neither did anyone else. So my dad took out a lien on his own car to buy me this one. It kept me from having to bum rides and take public transportation for longer than three weeks, is reliable, and has cost me nothing.
- My dad. No one on earth loves me the way my dad does. If anyone wants good things for me, it’s him.
- Functional weather stripping. Not something most people think about regularly, but I’ve lived without it before. The gap between the bottom of my front door (at my old apartment) and the floor was about an inch high, allowing bugs to travel in during the summer, and the heat to travel out during winter. Even though we called the maintenance office about it several times, they still hadn’t fixed it by the time I moved away (over a year-and-a-half). I wasted so much money on bug spray and a high gas bill.
- Sunshine. It’s an instant, effortless, free mood lifter. I’m naturally more optimistic and productive when the sun is shining than I am on cloudy, gray days.
- Good books. They stimulate me intellectually, stretch my imagination, challenge me to become a better person, motivate me to try new things, and more. In college I wrote a paper on censorship, and my research blew my mind. In the past, people were deprived of so much knowledge and wisdom because of book bans. I am blessed to live in an era where all the information in the world is available to me on paper and at the click of a mouse.
Fasting Research of the Day: None today. I went to see The Vow with my dad, and lost motivation to be on the computer. Not necessarily the most productive use of time, but I did enjoy the movie!
Nonprofit/Charity of the Day: None again. I’m a bum. :(
Swear Jar Contribution: $0.50
Stockpile Item to Donate: Garnier Fructis Length & Strength Conditioner
If anyone else is doing something special for Lent and could use some encouragement, please feel free to leave a comment about it!
Other Posts in This Series:
- My 40 Day Challenge: Lent
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 1
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 1, Part 2
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 2
- 40 Day Lent Challenge: Day 3